La Salamandre Index du Forum

La Salamandre
Troupe éclaireur de la 26e sv Blocry

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Climbing tiger salamander

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    La Salamandre Index du Forum -> la salamandre -> La troupe
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
aaronpawlak

MessagePosté le: Mer 18 Avr - 12:51 (2018)    Sujet du message: Climbing tiger salamander Répondre en citant

Hi,

I tried using the search feature to see if I could find previous posts on tiger salamander terrarium set ups discussing the use of branches or logs but wasn't successful in finding the answer I was looking for.
My tiger is living with my parents right now and I just came back from visiting him. He was born in the previous lab I worked in and has never lived in the wild. I have him in a 20 gallon long with a pool at one end (4x9x3 inch) with gravel and rocks to crawl out and the rest is soil, Zoo Med coconut husk fiber, and Zoo Med forest floor (about 5-6 inches deep) with plants. He has a cork bark hide that he likes to sit under and a plastic rock cave hide. In the summer he sits under his hides or under the leaves of the plants and in the winter he burrows. He also swims in the pool a lot. He is only 2 years old (from fertilization) and very active. When I was home I watched him climb the vines, pull himself on top of large leaves, walk along a branch, dive into his pool, swim around, crawl out of the pool, stand on his hind feet with his head pointed upwards waiting for food to fall from the sky, etc. He seems to really enjoy the branch but I noticed that it had tiny white insects (mites?) crawling on it. They were smaller than fleas and my parents couldn't see them. Since the branch was untreated (it originally had a fern and lichen on it but they had since died), I took it out of the terrarium because I was concerned about causing health issues for my tiger.
I want to replace the branch since he uses it all the time but don't know what to replace it with. All the pet stores in my hometown had vines or thin branches but my tiger isn't extremely graceful and I feel he needs something at least a 2 inches wide to walk and climb on. Does anyone have suggestions?

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet. 

References:
http://www.fieldherpforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22185&p=246182
Creative advertising service

Thank you.

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mer 18 Avr - 12:51 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    La Salamandre Index du Forum -> la salamandre -> La troupe Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation